To Be An Artist - Rant

No comments
To be an artist is part of my deeper self, it is a calling that I have had since I was a child. I could not imagine a life not dedicated to creating. I know many others feel the same way. We have this deep hidden connection where we want to share our stories and feel affect and connected. It is the power of storytelling that drives us towards books, movies and music.

So it is painful when those you love and who love you do not understand this calling. It is a long and hard path to go for something abstract and not concrete, so all an artist can ask for is not success or fame or fortune. It is to ask for the SUPPORT of those who love them, to just have them say, "Ok, go for it, I believe in you. I believe in what you're doing." Because deep down, no matter what I do or will do, it is always painful when your closest friend or mother tells you to 'consider other options' or 'get a real job'.

Public Service Announcement: Have an artist in your life? Tell them you believe in them, let them know they have talent or purpose! Cultivate their creativity.

No comments :

Post a Comment